Blogroll

Monday, March 7, 2011

First Steps to Launching Your Business Dream

According to Brian Gardner it is very important to seek relationships with others in the internet . He added that the most important person he networked with was Cory Miller . The latter just launched his newest personal project called StartupSofa — where he hopes to help aspiring and rookie entrepreneurs. They’ve got a community forum … and he’s doing the first webinar Jan. 14 called First Steps to Launching Your Business Dream.
Here is the description to the first webinar he’s doing below:

“I have a great business idea, now what?”

Over the last couple years since I launched my business, I’ve had countless friends and acquaintances ask me about starting their own businesses, only to find out that they did not have the proper motivation, clear goals and objectives or commitment necessarily to be successful in business.

Admittedly, often what some have asked was simply this: “How do I get rich without any effort?”
So I’ve refined that first meeting to hammer one big hairy thought home with aspiring entrepreneurs (or those who pose as them) … which is :

Starting a business has been the single hardest job I’ve ever had in my life. It’ll be the toughest thing you ever do. Wimps need not apply.

I do follow up this statement to a select few who I think have what it takes to launch a startup with this one:

It’s also the most fun, fulfilling and rewarding job I’ve ever had.
But if you’re looking for overnight success … you have better odds and will create less damage by buying a lottery ticket.

So I’ve learned if you don’t have a healthy respect for the task at hand at starting a business … and the passion and commitment to work hard, to put in the time and effort necessary to make it a go … then stop now before you get started.

Honestly, I’d rather you not waste the time of your family and friends (and potential customers) because odds are you’re going to fizzle out before you launch … or fall hard and take them with you.

In this inaugural webinar for StartupSofa, I’m going to attempt to scare you … humble you …. and force you to dig deep inside yourself (and ultimately with your significant other) to make sure you are committed to the startup task before you waste time or money.

Good Luck !

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very useful information. Thank you for sharing it.